IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

These forums are made available for archival purposes; they are no longer in use.

> Trellis Desk Support

This forum is a peer-to-peer support area where Trellis Desk users can help each other.

Have you consulted our product documentation? You may find the answer you're looking for there.

To receive official support for Trellis Desk from ACCORD5, you'll need to purchase a support plan.

To submit bug reports or feature suggestions, please visit our Trellis Desk Trac system.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
Question about users, groups and departments., what ties a user to a department?
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1,612

This is a noobish question from a noob, but I'm stumped and searching has turned up zilch.

Here is my problem:
The members are getting notices for tickets that aren't appropriate.

Here's why I say that:
The default text of the notifications that staff members get when a ticket is created say "A new ticket has been created in your department. Below are the ticket details."
Also in member's settings there are options to receive "New Tickets in My Departments (Applies to Staff Only)" and New Replies in My Departments (Applies to Staff Only).

Now, what ties a person to a department? In the members settings I can place members into a group, not a department. In the group management I can grant permissions on departments. The same for the Dept. Management. But none of these seem to affect what notices go to whom.

What am I missing here? Any explanation will be much appreciated.
Kudos to the devs for a really first class app! (one I hope we'll be implementing soon)
PM Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+ Quote Post
  • Group: Staff Members
  • Member No.: 11

The group that a member is apart of ties them to the department. If their group has access to a department, they will receive notifications for their department.

--------------------
DJ Tarazona [ My Website ]
Project Lead, Trellis Desk
ACCORD5

dj@accord5.com
PM Profile Card
+ Quote Post
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1,612

QUOTE (DJ @ Jun 2 2009, 10:25 PM) *
The group that a member is apart of ties them to the department. If their group has access to a department, they will receive notifications for their department.

Thank you very much DJ. That was my expectation. I'm doing some more testing scenarios today. I've a strong feeling that in my rush to familiarize myself with all of these settings I've overlooked something.
PM Profile Card
+ Quote Post

Reply to this topic Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 02:01 PM