IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

These forums are made available for archival purposes; they are no longer in use.

> Trellis Desk Support

This forum is for general discussion of the Trellis Desk help desk system.

To submit bug reports or feature suggestions, please visit our Trellis Desk Trac system.

Please do not ask for support in this forum; use the Peer-to-Peer Support forum instead.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
Help Me Test Email Parsing
  • Group: Staff Members
  • Member No.: 11

Hello Trellis Desk users,

I'm working on a new email parser (for incoming emails). The parser is used for email piping and POP3. It will support email attachments, and I hope to have it released this weekend.

But I need your help testing it. Many email services / clients format their email messages in different ways (too bad there wasn't a standard, universal format). In order to have the parser work with as many "types" of emails as possible, I would like you guys to send me test emails that I can run through the parser at sog+test@accord5.com. Yes, that is a plus (+) in the email.

Please send me as much of a variety as you can. For example, emails with HTML, plaintext, attachments, embedded images, etc and from different clients / services (Google, Yahoo, Outlook, etc). Also, please keep all emails under 1 MB.

Thanks a bunch! Again that's sog+test@accord5.com

--------------------
DJ Tarazona [ My Website ]
Project Lead, Trellis Desk
ACCORD5

dj@accord5.com
PM Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+ Quote Post
  • Group: Staff Members
  • Member No.: 11

Okay everyone... after many hours of frustrating work, I've finally recoded the new email parser! *yay*

Now... it is not perfect yet. I am still going to tweak it to the best of my ability so that it supports as many email clients, services, types, and charsets as possible. For now, it has worked with everything I have tested, but I can only test so much.

I've uploaded the new pipe.php and pop3.php. Please download the zip attachment and upload these two new files to your sources directory for Trellis Desk. Test out the email parser with many emails. Yes, attachment support is included. If you get an email that doesn't work properly, send the exact same email to sog+test@accord5.com so I can check it out.

* Please be aware that these files are in an early stage. They are likely to contain bugs, etc so use them at your own risk.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh ya, I forgot to mention. In order to use the new email parser, PHP must be complied with iconv. iconv is included and enabled by default in PHP5.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  email_parser_001.zip ( 12.47K ) Number of downloads: 1222

--------------------
DJ Tarazona [ My Website ]
Project Lead, Trellis Desk
ACCORD5

dj@accord5.com
PM Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+ Quote Post

Reply to this topic Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 01:02 PM